- Lying on the field in the sun listening to Michael Kiwanuka. His closing song, a cover of The Weight, with Marcus Mumford joining him on stage was one of the best moments of the festival for me. It completely took everyone by surprise!
- Meeting, having a chat and taking a picture with Michael Kiwanuka and his friendly guitar tech on the hill in front of the main stage after his show.
- The British dominating the festival! - Alt-J, Michael Kiwanuka, The Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party to name a few impressive Brit acts.
- The "Gorge-ous Amphitheatre".
- Epic penguin poncho sliding down the grassy hill in front of the main stage during Imagine Dragons' set.
- Sneaking into the post show late night rave tent in the VIP camping section.
Top 5 Acts (in no particular order):
Mumford and Sons - 20ft away from the main stage on the floor watching
Marcus Mumford slay the drums and sing Phil Collins style was an
unexpected powerful experience. The whole set was very emotional and got
the huge crowd cheering and jumping.
XX - I was completely blown away by these guys. Awesome stage presence
and nutty dub sounds. The tension and release they created during their
set was insane and the laser light show with smoke was unreal!
and Ryan Lewis - I'm not going to lie, I found "Same Love" to be the
most emotional moment of the trip. Both of their stage presences and
energy was on a whole other level and blew everyone away. Macklemore's a super interesting guy, he's an individual and not afraid to say what he thinks or act how he feels.
- These guys were a very cool surprise considering I didn't know them
well at all before hand. Starting with a handful of spectators at the
small Yeti stage, the crowd grew 100 times by the end. The indie folk
band from Portland, OR is lead by the front man and singer/songwriter
Justin Ringle, who has a very unique and soothing voice, backed by a
bassist, drummer and two violinists (one of which also plays a saw :D).
Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes - Last but certainly not least... The
magical mystery show! These guys were ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT and got every
single person up on their feet dancing away. They had great audience
participation and I think I may have a crush on the lovely
Jade Castrinos and her beautiful voice.
If you haven't been to this festival, GO! I know I'll be going back and who knows maybe next year I'll be playing on that small Yeti stage and see your smiling faces in the crowd :)